Spitfire Flying Experience
The flight of a lifetime guaranteed to leave you breathless!
This unbeatable experience is sure to evoke many emotions as you take to the skies alongside what is arguably the world's most famous aircraft.
Strap yourself in and head up in the air for this heart stopping experience as the Spitfire appears as your wingman. You'll fly in close formation, taking in the breathtaking views and the ease of the Spitfire's manoeuvres around your plane will fill you with awe. Make sure you have your camera at the ready to capture the amazing sights and views you will see.
Fancy an even closer view? Your experience includes an on the ground viewing where you be up close up with the iconic Spitfire aircraft with plenty more photo opportunities.
With only a handful of authentic Spitfires still in operation, this experience is truly rare. Be one of a few to have experienced the delights this plane has to offer in the modern day.
- Fly with a WW2 Spitfire in close formation, in a multi-seat, certified passenger aircraft
- Choose from a 20 minute (10mins with the Spitfire) or 40 minute (30mins with the Spitfire) flight experience in the same airspace the Battle of Britain was fought
- Ground viewing with the Spitfire directly after your flight
- Fly from former WW2 RAF airfields
- Experience Gift Pack
What happens on the day:
On arrival at your chosen location, you'll meet and greet the day's pilots as well as some of your fellow passengers before climbing aboard a multi-seat certified passenger airplane or helicopter.
During the flight and once you are up at cruising speed, the Spitfire will fly alongside you showing off it's manoeuvres. You'll be able to take some amazing photographs of the Spitfire as you pass by high in the sky.
Back on the ground you will have the opportunity to view the Spitfire as it sits on the airfield - another opportunity for some quality photos.
Spectators are welcome with excellent viewing of the runway and aircraft. There is also a car park, museum and a café and bar onsite.
NEED TO KNOW (Depending on location):
- Minimum age: 12 (under 18s need to be accompanied by a paying adult)
- Minimum height 4ft 7in
- Maximum height 6ft 3in
- Maximum weight 15 stone
- There are no specific medical requirements but if in doubt, please consult your doctor. You must be physically able to climb in and out of the aircraft.
- Spectators are welcome and facilities on site usually include the availability of hot drinks and snacks
- The experience content, equipment and restrictions may vary according to location
- Your voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue
- We recommend you book at least 8 weeks in advance to ensure dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability
- Please allow 2 hours for the 40 minute flight experience and 1 hour for the 20 minute flight experience
- If your flight is cancelled due to weather, you will be offered alternative dates
- Essex - Epping
- Kent - Ashford